Handy Candy Limited understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used. We fully respect and value data privacy and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a way that is consistent with our obligations and your rights.
1. Our Details:
Handy Candy Limited
Registered Address: Unit 11 Spring Rise, Falconer Road Haverhill CB9 7XU.
Registered Company Number: 05667395.
VAT Number: 702468842.
ICO Data Protection Registration Number: Z1108959
2. What Does This Notice Cover?
This Privacy Information explains how we use your personal data: how it is collected, how it is held, and how it is processed. It also explains your rights under the law relating to your personal data.
3. What is Personal Data?
Personal data is defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) (the “GDPR”) as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier’. Personal data is, in simpler terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, and other online identifiers.
4. What Are Your Rights?
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights, which we will always work to uphold:
The right to be informed about our collection and use of your personal data. This Privacy Notice should tell you everything you need to know, but you can always contact us to find out more or to ask any questions using the details in Part 14.
- The right to access the personal data we hold about you. Part 10 will tell you how to do this.
- The right to have your personal data rectified if any of your personal data held by us is inaccurate or incomplete. Please contact us using the details Part 1 to find out more.
- The right to be forgotten, i.e. the right to ask us to delete or otherwise dispose of any of your personal data that we have.. Please contact us using the details in Part 1 to find out more.)
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to us using your personal data for a particular purpose or purposes.
- The right to data portability. This means that, if you have provided personal data to us directly, we are using it with your consent or for the performance of a contract, and that data is processed using automated means, you can ask us for a copy of that personal data to re-use with another service or business in many cases.
- Rights relating to automated decision-making and profiling. We do not use your personal data in this way.
For more information about our use of your personal data or exercising your rights as outlined above, please contact us using the details in Part 14. Further information about your rights can also be obtained from the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
5. Where Do We Collect Your Data?
We may collect your personal information directly from you from the following sources:
- phone conversations with us
- emails or letters you send to us
- our online services such as websites and social media
6. What information do we collect?
You may visit our site anonymously, but we collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order or subscribe to our newsletter. When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter the following information:
- Business name
- Email address
- Telephone number
7. How Do We Use Your Data?
Under the GDPR, we must always have a lawful basis for using personal data. This may be because the data is necessary for our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to our use of your personal data, or because it is in our legitimate business interests to use it. Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
- To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
- To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
- To process transactions
- To send periodic emails (The email address you provide for order processing may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, or if you have subscribed to our newsletter via the online form, we will email you to keep you up to date with our products and services. You may opt out of this service at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email.)
Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
You will not be sent any unlawful marketing or spam. We will always work to fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, and you will always have the opportunity to opt-out.
8. How Long Will You Keep My Personal Data?
We will not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Once our relationship has come to an end, we will either delete your personal data or anonymise your personal data, unless statutory retention requirements apply(such as for taxation purposes). We may retain your contact details and interests in our products or services for a long period of time if you have opted in to receive marketing materials. Also, we may be required by applicable law to retain certain of your personal data for a period of 10 years after the relevant taxation year. We may also retain your personal data after the termination of the contractual relationship if your personal data is necessary to comply with other applicable laws or if we need your personal data to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim, on a need to know basis only. To the extent possible, we will restrict the processing of your personal data for such limited purposes after the termination of the contractual relationship.
9. Do You Share My Personal Data?
We will only share your data to contracted third parties in order to process and fulfill your order. You data will be passed securely to one or more of the following organisations solely for this purpose:
- Paypal (for processing of payments)
- Sagepay (for the processing of card payments)
- Royal Mail (for order fulfilment)
- DPD (for order fulfillment)
With the exception of the above organisations, we do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. We may be required to release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. Also, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
11. How Do We Protect Your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or access your personal information. We offer the use of a secure server. All personal information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. Your financial information is entered on our third-party payment gateways, Sage Pay or Paypal. We never have access to or store any payment information.
12. How Can You Access Your Data?
If you want to know what personal data we have about you, you can ask us for details of that personal data and for a copy of it (where any such personal data is held). This is known as a “subject access request”. All subject access requests should be made in writing and sent to the email or postal addresses shown in Part 14. We will respond to your subject access request within 21 days and, in any case, not more than one month from the date of receiving the request.
13. Changes to this Privacy Notice
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. This may be necessary, for example, if the law changes, or if we change our business in a way that affects personal data protection.
14. Contact Us
You can contact us about anything to do with your personal data and data protection using the details below:
By Post: Handy Candy Ltd, Unit 11 Spring Rise, Falconer Road, Haverhill CB9 7XU
By Telephone: 0330 0882460
By Email: [email protected]
By Facebook: via handycandyuk / Handy Candy - Sweets Rock
PLEASE NOTE WE WILL ONLY COMMUNICATE VIA THESE CHANNELS.IF YOU EVER RECEIVE COMMUNICATIONS CLAIMING TO BE FROM OR ON BEHALF OF HANDY CANDY LTD THAT HAVE NOT ORIGINATED FROM THE ABOVE CHANNELS PLEASE DO NOT ENTER INTO ANY CORRESPONDENCE. HANDY CANDY LTD WILL NEVER ASK YOU TO DIVULGE ANY BANK/CARD DETAILS OVER THE TELEPHONE.